Saturday

Romance of the Road




Road trips are the grand test, a distilling of personality. It’s getting high on the sweet smell of your friend’s body odor and drunk on the heartbeat appearance of the center line. It’s the conversation turning to your true desires and to your past broken heart. It’s waving to the crow pulling the tail of the not-playing-dead possum or nibbling on the bunny ear.

The question arises… “Are you enjoying yourself?”

If you are, you’re experiencing the magic of the road trip, accepting the unknown and greeting it with a big, belly laugh. It’s the beauty of me and my navigator having those crazy eyes that come from creating our own world, void of time and address, within the space between the car door handles.

The question arises… “Would you do it again?”

Yes.
I would.
But for now,…pull over at the next rest stop, I need to pee.


By Martique Lorray
Photo by Martique Lorray

1 comment:

  1. I was reading you today and thought I would send you a new fav. of mine... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete